Revo Reef 3DM Reef Sand
RevoReef® incorporates advanced manufacturing technology to create this super macro-porous ‘coral-sand’, providing ideal conditions for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria growth. Revo Reef 3DM Reef-Sand is an environmentally-friendly alternative to natural coral-sand harvested from our precious coral reefs, allowing us to do our part to preserve and protect these beautiful coral reefs.
- Environmentally green product. An environmentally friendly alternative which replaces the need to harvest natural coral-sand from coral reefs, preserving them for our future generations.
- Reef Aquarium safe. 100% sterile, virus-free, hitchhiker/pest-free and can be used immediately thus saving time.
- pH Buffer. Buffers pH at 8.1-8.4; suitable for marine fish and corals.
- Rich in minerals and trace elements. This marine sands contain essential minerals and trace elements that are important to coral growth and marine fishes. Main elements include CaCO3, MgCO3 and Mn.
- Acts as a buffer. Advanced manufacturing technology that slowly release minerals and trace elements thus effectively buffering aquarium water parameters.
- Largest Effective Surface Area. BET Method surface area analysis has determined the effective surface area of RevoReef® 3DM Reef-Sand to be in the range of 1000m² – 2000m²/litre, far surpassing natural coral-sand.
ADVANTAGES OF 3DM REEF-SAND OVER CORAL SAND
|Area of Comparisons||3DM Reef-Sand||Coral Sand|
|1. Porosity||Multi-step processing in ensuring high porosity, slow demineralization and inert nature.||Porosity depends on quality of liverock harvested.|
|2. Sedimentation Rate||Fast sedimentation rate. New setups needs only 2-3 hours for water to be crystal clear.||Causes water to cloud and sometime requires several days for water to clear up.|
|3. Cleanliness||No Pest, predators, hitchhikers and unwanted corals. Does not carry harmful bacteria and virus.||Contains Pest, predators, hitchhikers, unwanted creatures and dead corals which causes problems when introduced into the hobbyist’s tank. It might also carry harmful bacteria and virus depending on the source.|
|4. Eco-Friendliness||Eco-friendly / handcrafted. Reduces the need for mining of sand and avoids needless destruction of natural ecology.||Harvested from nature which destroys natural ecology and upset the eco-system.|
|5. Supply||Handcrafted source which ensures stable supply.||Unstable supply with increasing government controls and regulations on the needless destruction of coral reefs.|
|6. Quality Of Sand||Handcrafted source allows us to provide Reef-Sands of a stable and consistent quality.||Inconsistent quality depending on the source.|
|7. Environmental Laws||Easily exported/imported as it is handcrafted.||Increasing government restrictions on naturally harvested sand.|
|8. Shape||Spherical shape encourages better water flow, minimizes dead zone. Structurally design to ensure high flow rate and no dead zones in substrate.||Heavy and difficult to handle.|
|9. Light Reflectiveness||Increased light reflectiveness.||Doesn’t reflect light well.|
|10. Similar to Foraminifera||Structurally similar to the natural foraminifera. Excellent filtering function.||No special structure.|
|11. Effective Surface Area||More than 1000m²/l of effective surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize.||Around 200-300m²/l of effective surface area.|
|12. Flow-through Rate||High flow through rate to minimize dead-zones in substrate.||Low flow through rate.|
|13. Maintenance||Saves time in substrate maintenance as it doesn’t compact easily.||Compacts easily which might result in built-up of Hydrogen Sulfide. This makes substrate maintenance difficult and dangerous to livestocks.|
|14. Additional Features||Rich in essential minerals and trace elements. Rich in calcium and magnesium ions and bicarbonate salts. Minerals and trace elements are processed to ensure slow release up to 3 years.
Highly effective buffering capacity to simulate the what live sand is doing in the coral reef systems:
|Low buffering capacity.|
|Code No||Description||Bag Size|