CAL Black Earth Premium Soil | 9L
Specialized substrate for aquatic plants
CAL AQUA LABS’ developed Black Earth Premium from the ground up and is the result of years of cumulative research and testing. The end result is a highly-advanced, highly-fertile substrate that does not leach harmful ammonia into the water column.
Special characteristics of Black Earth Premium:
1) Highly fertile
Black Earth Premium is formulated for maximum fertility. Made from natural fertile soil rich in humic acids, it contains a large amount of essential plant nutrients such as Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorous, and trace elements such as calcium, magnesium, iron, and manganese.
2) Super clean
The first thing users will notice about Black Earth Premium is how clean it is right out-of-the-bag. Unlike other substrates where dust and debris are a common part, our substrate is specially manufactured to contain as little foreign materials as possible. As a result, water remains clear starting from the moment the aquarium is filled. Check out the short video below to see how clean Black Earth Premium substrate is.
3) Harder granules = Longer substrate lifetime
CAL AQUA LABS developed an advanced process for the production of Black Earth Premium that results in virtually dry granules that are much harder than other substrates while maintaining maximum fertility. Because of this, they suffer significantly less breakage during transportation and setup, resulting in prolonged lifetime of the substrate.
4) Maximum fertility when you need it
Black Earth Premium is supplied virtually dry right out-of-the bag. Due to the lack of moisture, organic nutrients within the soil are preserved at their maximum level until use. Dried granules are also much easier and more pleasant to handle as they will not stick to your hands or fingers.
5) Creates slightly acidic water conditions
Black Earth Premium is made from natural, highly-fertile earth which is rich in humic and fulvic acids. As a result, it creates slightly acidic water conditions which is optimal for keeping aquatic plants and most freshwater fish.
- DO NOT wash or rinse before use. Pour Black Earth directly onto the bottom of the aquarium. The substrate layer should be at least 1-2 inches thick to allow plant roots to fully grow
- Place and arrange decorative rocks and driftwood
- Carefully add water. To fill the aquarium with water, first place a large plastic bag or newspaper on the soil surface to prevent water from impacting and stirring up the substrate. Slowly add water and take care not to disturb the substrate layer. Planting can be easily done when water is slightly above the substrate level.
- Install proper filtration equipment and allow the tank to equilibrate. Make sure the filter outflow does not point directly at the soil to avoid disturbing the substrate layer.
For freshwater aquarium use only. Keep away from children.
Store unused soil in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture.